Open Mind, Open Spirit, Open Heart

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Tucson Pima Arts Council Open Studio Tour




In the spring I realized that I was not painting as much as I wanted so I started a prayer painting practice. Every day (or almost every day) I would pray for a family member or friend or someone I was thinking about as I painted colors, lines, shapes intuitively, manipulating the paint with plastic wrap. When I had more time, I looked for images in the abstract pieces. It seemed that angels appeared as I painted. Thank you, angels!
Stop by this Saturday or Sunday from 11a.m.-5p.m. to hear more about this process during Tucson Pima Arts Council Open Studio Tour. For lists of all artists sharing their work this weekend visit their website http://TucsonPimaOpenStudioTour.org.

No comments:

Were I called on to define very briefly the term art, I should call it "the reproduction of what the senses perceive in nature through the veil of the soul." Edgar Allen Poe